Affordable web design in Kenya | small business Websites
You will agree with me that the modern customer does not walk from shop to shop searching for products. Todays customer prefers to search almost everything in search engines like Google. With this change in consumer behavior, a huge opportunity has presented itself to small and medium business. Finally, a time has come where small business can compete with the large enterprises without having to match their budget. The web has leveled the playing field, but it is impossible to take full advantage of this opportunity without a business site. Still not convinced that your small business need a website? Well, here are some of the advantages you are missing out if don’t have one.
Why your small business needs a website
1. Fast and steady business growthThe Internet gives your businesses access to a large audience; the online market is not restricted by regional or national boundaries. With a website, you increase your reach and the number of potential customers increases. With increased reach, it is easy to grow the client base steadily without spending a large amount of money in marketing. If you look at where multi-billion companies like Google and Amazon started you will realize how the web is important to your business growth.
2. Competitive advantageIn our markets, competition keeps growing with every passing day and surviving this competition as well as position your business calls for an effective strategy. Creating a strong online presence is one of the strategies that can be used to give your business a competitive edge.
3. Showcase products and services to the worldThe goal of every business is to get the world to know their products, services or brand. With a business website, it is possible to showcase products and let your potential customers see the benefits your product/services offer. With a small budget (cheap and quality website) you have a way to sell your products globally.
4. A website gives your business legitimacyCustomers expect every business to have a website just as they used to expect every business to have a physical location. A business website will give the business credibility, and more people will have faith in your business, and this will translate to better performance.
5. Opportunity for data collectionHaving the accurate market data facilitates making the right decisions that eventually impact how product or services performed in the market. A website enables you to collect data from customers and potential clients at no extra cost. This saves you the money that could have been used to pay a market research agency to sell you the data. A website will also enhance B2C communication; it helps to keep your customers informed by enhancing two-way communication.
6. A website will save you moneyIn the long run, a website will help save a lot. There are many ways that a website help reduce expenses, some of which include reducing marketing cost, customer retention, lead generation, etc. Compared to any form of traditional marketing, website marketing is by far more effective and less costly. There are more benefits to be realized by having a website but the above are the major advantages, now let's look at how you can get an affordable business website in Kenya.
Affordable web design in KenyaWeb designers in Nairobi and other locations have noticed the demand for small business websites, and this has pushed them to include a package that is specifically dedicated to small businesses. Web design cost from large design agencies can be intimidating especially to small businesses and startups with small budgets. On the other hand, it is easy to be lured by incompetent web developers with low prices and end up losing the little money budgeted for the site. With so much complexity and challenges involved in getting a good designer who is both competent and affordable, Apnest web designers have started to offer special web design packages designed for small and medium businesses. There are many web design firms in Kenya that offer web design solutions but to choose an agency it is imperative for the client to research before choosing an agency. Below are the factors you should consider before entrusting a design agency with the responsibility of building a website for your business.
a) Price ( Cost of web design)For small business it is important, you choose an agency that offers good quality at a small budget. You should only choose an agency from the best web designers Kenya to avoid losing money and time.
b) ReputationThe truth is most, but not all web design agencies in Kenya have what we would call “not so good reputation”, don’t hire a firm that is known to have a bad reputation. When hiring a web design agency, choose the one with a good reputation and good reviews on.
c) The design and QualityTo begin with, take a look at some of the websites the agency has developed, if you like their work, then you can consider them. Consider hiring from the well known top web design companies Kenya as these agencies have experience and they offer the best quality.
d) Customer servicesYou will be in constant communication with your design firm, consider an agency that is there when you need support. Small design agencies offer better services in this regard as the customer has direct access to the developers. In most cases with large firms, there is a long procedure when in need of support, and this may frustrate the client. When choosing a design agency from web designers in Nairobi, check the customer reviews from the business website and Google my business to see what their clients are saying. Evaluating these factors will help in discovering some of the best web designers Kenya and hiring the best for your project.
Minimum requirements for the website- The website should be responsive. As with any other kind of website, the site should be usable on mobile, tablet and desktop.
- Nice design. The design represents the business or the brand; it should create a positive impression to customers.
- Products or services page. An area to showcase products and services.
- Fast loading. To give your users a good experience and better your SEO campaign.
- Titles and meta tags should be included and optimized for search engine.
- Well designed logo and graphics added to the website.
- Web mail accounts, e.g., email@example.com . These are the minimum requirements for every website, and they should be included in your site. All web designers in Kenya who have been in the industry for some time recognize the importance of the above features and will include them even before you ask them but to be on the safe side confirm with them if they have included all of them.
How much should you pay?Web design prices in Kenya can differ with a huge percentage from one firm to the other. When evaluating agencies, don’t use price as the primary determining factor, high price does not mean high quality. The question is how much should you pay? A website for small/medium business should cost between Ksh 10,000 and Ksh 25, 000
Small business web design packagesHere at Apnest we offer three packages for small business
a) Startup package @ Ksh 9,999
b) Advanced startup @ Ksh 14, 999
c) Small business package @ Ksh 25, 000 There are more web design packages which you can explore, this guide covers the prices charged for small business websites and what is to be expected. In future, we will look at effective strategies to market your business website on a small budget and also the top digital marketing companies in Kenya that you can trust with your marketing campaign.
Published on Thur 3-7-2017