Role of business consultants - consultancy firms in Kenya
What do business consultants do?
PHASES OF BUSINESS CONSULTANCY
2. EVALUATION PHASE
3. Restructuring Phase
What are the various types of business consultants?
Management and Strategy Consultants
Marketing consultants have a hand solidifying the image or brand of a company.
What do people say about your brand? How do your clients perceive it? Do you need a new social media strategy? This is the aim of the marketing consultants to ensure you keep afloat over your competitors while gaining new grounds in the market.
They go as far as using metrics and analytics to determine the effectiveness of your social media presence, how to boost engagement, and what social media platforms to invest in, when and how to promote ads among other marketing strategies and plans.
Building a brand and attracting potential new customers is imperative to keep the company alive in its operations and the niche it serves.
Why do you need a business consultant?
- Imagine one of your stakeholders, staff members or partners is incapacitated in a high-profile project that you just landed and you would want to close the deal. Well, not all times will you be a savior in sheep clothing and hence you would want to seek consulting services. At least, business consultants are not permanent employees on the payroll and once you have finished your business you could always part ways, having benefited from the services.
- If you are afraid to bring a change to the company, you could always use a business consultant to assist in bringing the desired new way of doing things. Since they are objective minded, they know how to gel in the system of the company and slowly but wisely bring change. When you are short-staffed, it can be crucial to assist in minor amendments with a manageable budget.
- Familiarity breeds contempt. Usually, people who are familiar with one another may fail to take a new perspective and fresh strategy. Hence an ‘outsider’ breaks that familiarity mindset and would most likely be followed. Of course, it would be easier if one of their ‘own’ would suggest and implement change but if avoidable, a new face in the game could help.
- Business consultants possess the ability to train based on the wealth of knowledge they have acquired in their line of work. They can arrange training programs, presentations and workshops for different categories of staff members and equip them with the necessary tools to make your employees better. Since they have interacted with different demographics and personalities, they understand ‘people’ well and can adjust their training courses to fit with the needs of the diverse ‘congregation.’
- It is seen hence that business consultants are important to any business. Just like counselors or mentors, they give direction and clarity of how to do business and the necessary steps to build a successful business.
In conclusion working with a well-established business consulting firm like Hillmarc Consulting provides your business with an edge like no other in form of solutions and business opportunities. Unlike any other business consulting firm out there they offer tailor-made services, products and solutions that identify and address the diverse business needs.